HOME

Feb 16, 2012

MAKUBUYA,BBUMBA RESIGN!!


Embattled ministers Syda Bbumba and Khiddu Makubuya have quit Cabinet over payments made to City Businessman Hassan Basajjabalaba’s company.


Leader of Government business and third deputy Prime Minister, Moses Ali told Parliament on Thursday afternoon that the two senior ministers had agreed to quit.


Moses Ali’s statement was greeted with applause amidst foot stumping from MPs who had issued a 30-day ultimatum for the President to relieve the minister of their duties.


Bbumba who immediately rose to give a statement said, “Madam Speaker, Honorable members, I wish to take political responsibility of the mistakes made and I wish to confirm my resignation. My resignation however, does not mean that I am guilty. I am still innocent.”


Speaker Rebecca Kadaga struggled to maintain order in the House MPs continued to disrupt Bbumba from giving her statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment